27 September 2007

Le Slouch, C'est Chic.....

I have been one busy little such & such.

Knitting has been slow. I'm about 1/4 done the second sleeve on Thermal & I'm very slowly chugging away on the body of my Tangled Yoke Cardigan (which, OMG, felted tweed ....I think it's my favourite yarn I've ever worked with)

With all this slow chugging going on I needed something I could shotgun....something instantly satisfying & intoxicating & above all, cute.



Le Slouch!


I was skeptical of how a floppy tam type hat would look on me but after I slipped it on my head everthing was Irie. I didn't have size 9 dpns so I knit this on size 8 & added some extra stitches which worked out just fine. I used some Misti Alpaca from my stash & if I could afford it, I'd knit myself a whole body jumpsuit from this stuff because it is soft as a puppy's ear. This took me 2 evenings of extremely leisurely knitting, including a long break on Saturday night to bid my good friend Michael Adieu.



This photo was taken on New Year's Eve, 2006 - "No tears on New Years!" This was when Michael made me cry because he said I was too talented to work in a bookstore. Amen, brother! (This is also when I was in my 'Caramel Kiss' hair colour phase - a phase which still haunts me, I mean seriously - I want my dark brown hair back.) Too bad I'll be making clothes for plus sized girls & not handsome svelte men, or else this guy would be my muse. Knock 'em dead in Jolly ole England my friend, show those blokes how to wear a neckerchief!

3 comments:

Reckless Glue said...

i loved le slouch --I'm about to start on number 2 myself! It looks totally cute on you!

geoff said...

i think you should make clothes for plus sized girls AND svelte men. because damn...i'd buy them. even if my measly ballet salary doesnt really allow it...i'd find a way.

Julia said...

I love that you linked "shotgun". And yes, you ARE too talented to work in a bookstore!