09 September 2007

who loves the sun?

Holy Moley! Drops Jacket mania is sweeping the internet! AWESOME!

The more I think about it, the more I realize that a jacket like this is actually... totally perfect. I can't wait to see other people's jackets! And thanks so much for all the great comments!

Last week I took back the unused balls of wool I had from my Road to Golden so I could get store credit to buy some Rowan Felted Tweed for the 'Tangled Yoke" cardigan from the Fall Interweave Knits. I had the last bit of some gift certificates to use as well -- otherwise there's no way I could have afforded to buy the 10 required balls of this.

I was deciding between this blue/green or a brown and in the end made the decision that I wanted this sweater to be AAAP* so blue/green it is. I cast on Thursday night & have just finished the ribbing. Knitting with this yarn is an absolute dream and I've decided to take my time with this sweater.

The book in that photo was just given to me last night by my favourite book fairy. It's filled with *awesome* socks & lots of really useful information about sock techniques. It also has this...

Instructions on how to do a stitch pattern called 'when doves cry'. WHOAH!

Okay so...on a scale of 1 to 10, how much does it suck to untangle your sock project from your keys, headphones, pens etc when you're carrying it around in your bag? A lot right? I finally got around to making a little bag thing to carry my knitting around in...

It's totally floppy & loppy, but it was made quickly & out of desperation so it's all good. I bought that fabric from Ikea a couple of years ago & made curtains out of it but had some left over.

And inside?



My 'I heart Gansey' socks! This is a great pattern from the six sock knitalong group - you have to sign up with the yahoo group to get the pattern but there's a lot of cute patterns so it's worth the effort. The yarn I'm using is some Fleece Artist Merino that I've had a couple of false starts with but I think I've finally found just the right pattern for it.

And in Thermal news.......sleeve number one is a mere inch from being done. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.



*As Awesome As Possible

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ordered the Rowan Felted Tweed from the UK to make Tangled Yoke a month ago as it was cheaper but I found out on Friday that they haven't even shipped it yet because they were out of stock. I can't wait to get started but I guess I'll live vicariously through you while I work on the Deep V Argyle Vest!

Jillian said...

I have some Rowan Felted in a nice deep orange shade and I was planning on making the Tangled York cardigan as well. Who knows when I'll actually get started though! And I started to laugh about getting your yarn tangled up in keys - that happens to me almost every day at lunch! I totally should make a little bag.

Sue said...

Oh I loved your cardigan from the last post and went straight over and printed out the pattern. What a great pattern for women who are not built like models. I have the perfect yarn already so I cant wait to start knitting it up. Thanks for the inspiration.

pamela wynne said...

OMG, someone needs to write a whole knitting book with all the patterns named after Prince songs -- think about it: "Purple Rain?" "Little Red Corvette?" "Sexy MF?"

Sarah said...

I'm about to order yarn for the Drops jacket as we speak. I can't wait. That bag is totally cute: did you use a pattern or are you going to write one up?

Clare said...

Hi! I just found your website and it is great! I love your Drops jacket - I am already plotting on making one for my mum (and maybe for me..!)and I also love tangled yoke...Thanks for a great blog!