31 October 2007

What it is.

Gord's been diagnosed with ALL - Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. It came as a total shock - but I guess you're never prepared to get cancer. We went to the er 2 Sundays ago for severe back pain - and that's when they spotted it - the drop in Platelets & Red Blood cells.

He's home for a couple of days & then he'll be admitted into Princess Margaret Hospital for about a month. He's ready for the fight & I'm ready to stand by my man every single step of the way. I've never loved anyone the way I love him - we don't really have a choice except to beat the shit out of this.

So yeah...that's what's been going on over here.
I'll probably write about it quite a bit. So far we've both been absolutely amazed by the outpouring of support from friends and family - I suspect this support will go a long way to give Gord the strength he needs to get through this.

13 comments:

Iris said...

Hey!
I just wanted to say, again:

YOU CAN DO IT!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh Nicole. I am so sorry to hear this. I will certainly be sending plenty of good vibes your way.

Miss13 said...

Listen lady, you can get through this. It's not the end - and we love and adore you here in the states!
Sending you the vibes and strength to beat the shit out of it!!

Love, love, and more love

Dani & Tyson
xxooxxooxxooxx

Christina.B said...

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather said...

Firstly, I am so sorry. This is such a difficult time for you both. Know that there are many of us out here in the knitting and blogging community wishing you the best and sending you strength. You two can do this.

melissa said...

that's a terrible thing to have to go through, but it sounds like you guys can tackle it. i'll be thinking of you!

Clare said...

Hi - delurking in desperate circumstances to send you all my best wishes. Its that weird bit where you have never heard of me, but I feel like I know you a bit cause I read your blog...but I just wanted to say that I will be thinking of you and sending all the best thoughts your way.

Reckless Glue said...

omg, so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine what you must be going through, it no doubt does not even seem real.
fight the good fight, and my best mojo is being sent your way...

Michelle said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Gord. I know it makes a world of difference for Gord that you're by his side. Take care.

Deb said...

I haven't posted often, but have been reading for a few months. I wanted to say the two of you will be in my thoughts, and I'll be sending you good wishes.

Jackie said...

I don't know you or your man, but I wish you the best of luck in your fight against this disease!

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker (hi) but I wanted to say that my thoughts are with you both.

Julia said...

Great big virtual hugs!!! No one is ever prepared to hear the word cancer. I know it's scary - my mum lost a breast to cancer, but now she's fully recovered! I hope with every knitterly bone in my body Gord will recover just the same. Stay strong - FUCK CANCER!!!

http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc06/fuckcancer.htm