05 April 2006

will work for food.

It's sad to realize I spend 42.5 hours a week doing something that brings me no joy. Although, this morning a woman came in with her 4 month old Pug & let me hold it. That made things better for a bit.

About a week ago I had my first job interview in a long time - an icebreaking interview for a job that I would have ben thrilled to be hired for. A job in the *industry* a job where I would *learn*. The owner extolled the virtues of her staff to me in the interview & my eyes could hardly keep in the tears of jealousy. A boss that actually *appreciates* her staff? Sign me up!

I didn't get the job. But I've been sending my resume out to any job that sounds even remotely better than the one I'm currently withering away in.

I did, however, put together this modest little website with the help of the bbfe!, and it's really made me realize that I *do* have the talent to do more with my day that organize invoices & ring through newspapers & be belittled by a boss I no longer respect.

1 comment:

KateB said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. I was wishing for you! I hope fabulous, new things come your way--you deserve it.