03 August 2007

hot in the city....so hot in the city tonight...

Just in time for this awesome heatwave we got going on! A wool vest!!

mmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM.

My 'Back to school U-Neck Vest' from Fitted Knits is complete!

I started this about 2 weeks ago & knit it when I was in need of something that was chunkier than my Thermal, and less complicated than my secret project (which has been mailed off & hopefully I can blog about it soon) I really like it & I think this will get a lot of wear once the mercury drops.

And it's comforting to know that if I ever go down about 20 sizes, it'll still look good. I was sweating like Chris Farley(RIP) while I was trying to get a good shot of the sweater, so I put it on Judy since she doesn't feel temperature.

I used KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, which was a pleasant yarn to work with, at at $1.99US per ball, a very economical option. I was ordering books from them during their 40% off sale and thought I'd be crazy not to throw in some wool as well. I used 7 balls & a bit for this vest, and I added 2" to the length since as written, it would have been a smidge too short for my tastes.

This was my first time doing any sort of boob shaping & I am a great fan! The pattern is easy & fast & enjoyable, but beware - check the pattern errata as there is an error in the back neck shaping as it is written in the book.

Now, what shall I bring to knit at the electric eclectrics festival this weekend?

1 comment:

Julia said...

That's it, I totally have to buy fitted knits! Boob shaping? Fantastic!

And the heat? That's exactly why I haven't blogged my Phildar jacket. You're a brave soldier.