I guess the best word to describe how I'm currently aiming to live is 'quaint'. I love sitting in my sunny living room thinking about what I'll make in my sunny sewing room. I love making delicious dinners with my best friend/boyfriend (the dinners are so yummy I've started taking photos. When I told Gord that I might start a food blog, he pointed out that that would put a lot of pressure on dinner...but seriously, there's some good cookin' going down - I think I'll start posting about the particularly delicious ones here.)
a cute little unidentified plant that Gord brought home for me yesterday!
I love jumpingclimbing into our extra comfy bed (we put Gord's deluxe futon between my deluxe box spring & mattress! indulgent!) I love pouring over quilt patterns & afghan patterns (I've actually started a miter square blanket, but this one makes me want to start over only using tahki cotton classic, just like in the Mason & Dixon book) & ideas for pillows & various home comforts. Spring is here, and I want to be the best me I can be. Not waste a second, spend all my time creating and crafting and idea-ing, and laughing.
I'm in LOVE with the moss that has grown in this random pot on my back porch - it's like a mini bog!
Also, I want to post way more, not wait until I only have a finished project to show off - but to *share* more. Talk about process.
And with that, I present to you a little glimpse of one completed sock swap sock. I won't show the whole thing since I'm not sure if my swap partner is lurking around, but I will say that those of you who liked the looks of the Anastasia Socks were right. This pattern is wonderful!
I've only knit 2.5 pairs of toe-up socks. I had convinced myself I didn't like it. With these, I'm ditching the magic loop, two at once technique & knitting toe up, one at a time on dpns & I'm really liking it. Also, I think I've finally found a way to cast off that creates a nice sproingy edge that doesn't cut off the circulation in my leg! Awesome!
***edited to add:
I had just posted this & then discovered I have been tagged with a meme by Shannon! (I had been tagged by Rahime a while back but couldn't think of 7 things at that time, but with my new *sharing* policy, here I go...)
1. I collect old nancy drew books, interestingly printed envelope paper (you know how on the inside of envelopes there's a printed pattern so you can't see what's inside? not sure what I'll do with it yet though) and I'm beginning a serious vintage kitchenware thing.
2. When I was a kid I had 40% hearing loss in my left ear. I am still sort of hard of hearing, I'm convinced I'll be totally deaf one day.
3. I have a secret freckle.
4. When I worked at the bookstore I memorized all the names of the dogs that used to come by with their owners. I ocassionally spot these dogs out for walks & greet the dog, not the owner, by name.
5. I pierced my own nose when I was 16.
6. I am a recovering pack rat with a dream of one day having barely any posessions.
7. I could live the rest of my life only eating peanut butter.
I'm supposed to tag 7 more people, but I'm opting not to - but if you'd like, please share!